2023 Succession: VP Osibanjo Distance Self From Latest Campaign banners, videos And Promos
Mr Laolu Akande, Senior Special Assistant to the President on Media and Publicity, Office of the Vice President, says Vice President Yemi Osinbajo has not declared interest in the 2023 presidential race.
Akande, in a statement on Monday in Abuja, said videos, banners and other materials linking Osinbajo to the 2023 presidential election had no connection to the Office of the Vice President.
He said there had been a flurry of activities such as the release of campaign style promotional videos, banners in the social media and even the deployment of political posters in some parts of the country.
He added that the materials were displayed in the FCT and Kano, insinuating that the vice president had joined the 2023 presidential race.
“The Office of the Vice President wishes to reiterate a statement on the same subject, made earlier in May this year. The Office of the Vice President is not in any way connected with the distribution and deployment of any 2023 political posters whether on the streets or in online videos, banners and the like on the social media''.
Mr. Akande said “All these are simply needless distractions from the urgent tasks of governance needed in our country at this time.
He said Osinbajo had not declared any interest whatsoever in the 2023 election, but was rather focused on working in his capacity as Vice President to address all the compelling issues in the country.
He added that he was focused on issues that were of concerns to Nigerians, including finding effective and lasting solutions to the security challenges and working to further boost the economy.
The Senior Special Assistant to the President on Media and Publicity urged people desist from displaying such publications.
He said there was need for all to deal with the challenges confronting Nigerians, resolve them for the benefit of the people and the enthronement of peace and prosperity in the land